About Me

My photo
Join us as we embark on this journey of faith. Journey with us by praying alongside & supporting us every step of the way. May this journal and our lives be a testament of God's love in a hurting world.

Wednesday 3 August 2011

Diary : 3 Aug 2011 (More Than Enough)

Quite a month i must say.

For the last 3 days, we have been hit by a tropical storm bringing heavy rains and flooding in northern thailand. Our office was so badly battered that water was leaking through the roofs and coming in through the windows.

We drove through heavy rains to get back to Phetchabun so food reliefs can reach the villagers just before the supplies run dry. And more importantly, just in time for the mass food distribution.

Its heartwarming to hear how our staff are growing emotionally and loving the work. Nong Maay commented yesterday "when i first joined RADION, nothing struck me too deeply. work was work. But as I stayed with the kids, taught them, loved them, they slowly became part of me. I can't imagine myself working elsewhere !"

These are the things that keep you going despite the hard times, despite us having a shortage of funding. But I guess God has His plans and everything is more then enough

No comments:

Post a Comment