About Me

My photo
Join us as we embark on this journey of faith. Journey with us by praying alongside & supporting us every step of the way. May this journal and our lives be a testament of God's love in a hurting world.

Saturday 21 May 2011

Diary : 21 May 2011

Last month, my accountant and deputy head in Thailand came up to me looking slightly worried. She looked at me and said "Boss, based on our current finances, we will have to close RADION down in 6 months"

I looked up and smiled and said "6 months is AWESOME !"

I explained that 3 years ago, we had so little in our accounts that literally every week, we'll have to consider the option of closing RADION down in the event that funding does not come in.

Her background in accounting conflicted with every single thing i said. But she just looked at me nodded in support, heaved, smiled and gave me the "You are incredibly mad" look.

You know, looking ahead, RADION really needs a staff in Singapore to not only raise support but also communicate with sponsors and the good news is that we have found a perfect lady to do the job!

She has already been an awesome help to RADION for the last few months, working without pay and we are planning to bring her into full time starting Jul/Aug.

Yesterday, as we sat on the dinner table. She looked at me with a little bit of sadness in her eyes and said..."Eugene, [RADION]... funds are not much, are you sure you want to bring me into full time ?"

She was worried that by her coming into RADION, funds will run dry and we will have to close RADION down earlier than planned.

I've gone through the days where our office desk was a cold cement floor. And God has carried us though, so in that I place my trust and continue to do what that God places on my hearts; to reach the broken for Christ.

Do I struggle ? Of course! RADION has 11 staff in Thailand, 20 street kids going through rehabilitation and 100 families in Thailand that need us to be there for them.

Do I get worried? Of course I do, but you see, I believe in a God who loves these people more than I do. A God that has never failed and a God that always knows whats best.

And in that God I put my trust to provide for the ministry's every financial need.

So.. at the yesterday's dinner table ...I just smiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment