About Me

My photo
Join us as we embark on this journey of faith. Journey with us by praying alongside & supporting us every step of the way. May this journal and our lives be a testament of God's love in a hurting world.

Saturday 12 November 2011

Diary : 12 Nov 2011

Last friday as I was helping to unload the container. A saw a small gang of kids walking past us. One child waved. As i looked closer I realised it was John, skinnier than i remembered him 2 years ago when he left. Next to him was a ruffian looking chap, it was tommy ! He too lost some weight but maintained a chubby face partially hidden behind a new hairdo.

There was a third and fourth kid that I seem to remember as well. It was Manak and Tong ! There was such a sense of nostalgia seeing these kids and knowing that they are still alright. But seeing them on a friday morning tells me that they have already dropped out of school or are back playing truat.

Nevertheless these kids held a special place in my heart.

Hours passed and as I was sitting exhausted at the edge of the container. A familiar voice greeted me, it was Tong. He came back to ask if he could borrow my air rifle (the one that i use to shoot rats with). The immediate answer was i'll think about it, but deep inside I know that putting one of these rifles in the hands of these boys can cause a whole lot of mayhem.

So after whispering a prayer, I made a quick offer.

I told the teenager that I'll be doing a round of shooting with the kids at the centre on sunday after church. And if he wants to have a go, he can visit me at the centre. Bring the rest of the gang as well. It has been some time since I caught up with them.

Deep inside, I know that its a slim chance they will turn up. But I guess it was worth a shot. And who knows, we may be still able to guide these kids back on track.

Tomorrow after church. I'll know for certain.

p/s : its getting cold up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment