About Me

My photo
Join us as we embark on this journey of faith. Journey with us by praying alongside & supporting us every step of the way. May this journal and our lives be a testament of God's love in a hurting world.

Thursday 10 November 2011

Diary : 10 Nov 2011 (I Miss My Mom)

Today was split between writing grant papers, negotiating with the Thai customs on the release of the PROJECT LIVES! container and finding a suitable land for the integrated centre.

There are just so many things going on at the same time, all rivaling for our attention. It's almost like when I'm back in the corporate world. Though I enjoy this aspect of the work very much, but more than that, I enjoy spending time with the streetkids

Today I was totally exhausted after a whole day of work and it was sure great to see the kids all hyped up and ready to celebrate the Loy Khrathong festival.

The Loy Khrathong festival is celebrated by the Thais by releasing lanterns and candle-lit floats into the river. One of the most beautiful and spectacular event of the year.


The little-lest girl in the STREETKIDS! home greeted me as I stepped out of the car and asked me with the most innocent and expectant looking eyes..."Pii Eugene, where will we be going for the festival ?" Stretching her hands out, signalling to me that she wants to be picked up and hugged.

I picked the little girl up and she just put her head on my shoulder.

As I held the little child, she whispered.... "Pii Eugene, I miss my mom"

I guess that had to be one of the saddest questions- a question which I struggled to answer.

You see, we rescued this little child because we knew that this child was a child from a broken marriage, severely neglected by her mom and furthermore the mother had a high chance of selling her away. The child was a liability and the mom wanted to get rid of her so she could move on with her life.

We don't think the mom will come back for the her.

So how do you tell a 6 year old child that her mom is probably never going to come back for her?

No comments:

Post a Comment