About Me

My photo
Join us as we embark on this journey of faith. Journey with us by praying alongside & supporting us every step of the way. May this journal and our lives be a testament of God's love in a hurting world.

Wednesday 8 June 2011

Diary : 8 Jun 2011 - Heading back into the field

3 weeks have flown by and tomorrow I'll be heading back to the mission field.

The 3 weeks have been filled with meetings after meetings, coffee after coffee, late nights one too many. Even my retreat week has to be postponed due to more last minute meetings.


Its definitely not a holiday for me and can sometimes be terribly tiring. But amidst the meetings, preaching and lobbying, I found myself encouraged and strengthened in this journey. With people watching my back through prayers, their words of encouragement, I found renewed strength to head back into a spiritually dry place. A place that every day is a battle and every turn a discouragement.

My staff tells me how frustrating it is to work with her own tribe, where people are stubborn and the whole community is plagued with social problems. She tells me that sometimes, she feels so discouraged that she entertains the idea of running away from the wretched place.

But it is these "wretched places" that God has called us to. And that is what we stand, love the people so they may experience the love of Christ.

"Missions exist because worship doesn't" - John Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment