About Me

My photo
Join us as we embark on this journey of faith. Journey with us by praying alongside & supporting us every step of the way. May this journal and our lives be a testament of God's love in a hurting world.

Sunday 12 June 2011

Diary : 12 Jun 2011 - A Break

I just arrived in Chiang Mai a few days back and after much struggling with my mentors in Singapore. I decided that they were right, I needed to have a work-life balance.

Somehow I always feel compelled to be working especially when there are so many needs out there, people dying, people needing medical care and all. But at the back of my head, I know that this work tempo is not sustainable, not even for the strongest of men.

But I decided to take some time off to rest and it was truly refreshing. Yes, of course I was still interuppted by some decision making here and there during my 2 days but it was still good. But it sure took a whole lot of effort just to be disconnected and properly have some sleep, and it was awesome !

Now my next challenge is to attempt to schedule in 1 day of rest each week....

No comments:

Post a Comment