About Me

My photo
Join us as we embark on this journey of faith. Journey with us by praying alongside & supporting us every step of the way. May this journal and our lives be a testament of God's love in a hurting world.

Saturday 4 June 2011

Diary : 5 June 2011

Yesterday I finally managed some time to visit my grandmother. She has been suffering from back problems and has undergone so many surgeries in hopes of giving her some normalcy in life.

But this normalcy came at a cost. Every day she will be in pain and has to stay in bed for most of the time. Talk about an irony.

The good part though is that is is now slowly recovering and in her old age, she is starting to be more open to the gospel and is open to people praying for her now.

I guess that's the encouraging part.

Now for today. I woke up early and made my way to Orchard Presbyterian Church to preach at the youth service, keeping in mind that quite a journey from Sembawang to Dhoby Ghaut. So i left early. But it did little help. Today was raining cats & dogs. The worst part I was caught in the flood in Bukit Timah.

The water was unusually high and much of the water was gushing out of the drains overflowing the canals.

I decided to make a move and drive through the flood to get to service.... praying as I went along. Bracing the floods to make it to the service.

This sure reminded me of the first days when we first started our ministry to the refugees and though we were faced with floods and storms. The desire remains ... to bring the word of the Lord out to people.

No comments:

Post a Comment