About Me

My photo
Join us as we embark on this journey of faith. Journey with us by praying alongside & supporting us every step of the way. May this journal and our lives be a testament of God's love in a hurting world.

Friday 11 March 2011

Finding David : Chapter 9 : Feels Like Ages

Last night at about 1am, I was abruptly awaken by a knocking sound at our field office. "It must be David at the door !"

I scrambled for the lights and headed down the steep staircase as fast as I could. I opened the wooden door .... and there was no one there. I hoped to be greeted by a blond hair David, but instead I was greeted by a cold empty void accompanied by the cold mountain wind.

5 days felt like ages.....he's still not back yet.

After his last phone call to us, our hopes were at an all time high. We thought that the 3 year wait is about to be over and our boy was coming back for sure... or 95% sure, we thought. Last week, I even sat down with my manager (Puu) and started planning on how we can enroll him for adult school, how he could help out in the office while he studied for his night classes etc etc .

Puu knew I loved the child very much, but still she had to gently remind me not to get my hopes up too high, after all we're still dealing with street kids.

Every morning when i get up, I ask Puu the same question. "Is David back yet?"
And for every of the last 5 days, she quietly replied...."no boss, not yet"
How i hoped for a different answer.


Time was running short. We're moving to Chiang Mai in exactly 14 days and if he misses this opportunity to come back, I'm not sure when we'll see him again.

When every child walks through that door, we dream of the impossibles ! We dream that this child will grow up to be a change maker and impact his generation and the next. When every child that walks out before he is ready, we hold on in prayer that when the child meets a difficulty in his life, he would remember RADION.


For now, we can only continue to pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment