About Me

My photo
Join us as we embark on this journey of faith. Journey with us by praying alongside & supporting us every step of the way. May this journal and our lives be a testament of God's love in a hurting world.

Saturday 5 March 2011

Finding David : Chapter 7 : The Unknown Number

I've been on the road for more than 8 hours, traveling from Chiang Mai to the mountainous area of Phetchabun. The journey was terribly tiring and just when you thought you could have a warm shower before bed. The water runs dry. So I was left with less than half a pail of freezing cold water to bathe....

So right now, I'm both cold and excited as i write this update !

I was having dinner with my Thai director and suddenly my phone rang, it was an unknown number... I could only manage a "hello" before a series of weird questions followed.

Caller : "Sawadeekhrap"
Me : "Sawadeekrap."Caller : "Who is this ?"
Me : "hmmmm.... you called this number and you asking who is this ?"
Caller : *long pause.....*
Caller : *stammers* "is this Pee Eugene?"
Me : *I smiled* "yes david?"
Caller : Pee Eugene, I've decided. I'm coming home tomorrow !

Hearing his voice and those first few words made my eyes water. What a day ! The prodigal son returns....

p/s : I'll tell you the story of why the David's last number went dead in the next installment.

Update : http://radionjournals.blogspot.com/2011/03/finding-david-chapter-8-is-offer-valid.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment