About Me

My photo
Join us as we embark on this journey of faith. Journey with us by praying alongside & supporting us every step of the way. May this journal and our lives be a testament of God's love in a hurting world.

Thursday 8 December 2011

Diary : 9 Dec 2011

Managed to log in after 3 attempts !

I've just returned from a 3 day "retreat" and i was hoping for a nice holiday but the only rest day was the first.
The second day was interspersed with calls and on the third day I had to check out early to get some paperwork done at the transport ministry to purchase a 18 year old car.

Its not much, but its sure a beauty and it can potentially save the ministry a whole lot of money as it runs on LPG. That will help us channel more money to outreaches instead of fuel costs !

Since my 3 day retreat ended with a finale at the transport ministry, i decided to embark on a small 14 year old dream of mine, to take a riding test ! I remembered as a teen wanting so much to ride a bike but my parents were violently, i repeat VIOLENTLY against it.

And now viewing things from their perspective, i can understand why.

But nevertheless its one of those things that demands a tick on your checklist.

Yes its not safe to ride in Thailand. But in the village its one of the most effective forms (not to mention economical) forms of transport. And I don't want to be a poor testimony and example to be riding around without a valid license. So that I was queuing up and giving the test a go !

I was not really prepared, but the test was relatively easy. And soon I was on my way to collect my license !

Today is rather fruitful, 1 bike license, one car added to help shuttle volunteers. Yes you can see where we're going, we're tightening up as much as we can to save up for our building project !

And may be build deeper into lives !

No comments:

Post a Comment