About Me

My photo
Join us as we embark on this journey of faith. Journey with us by praying alongside & supporting us every step of the way. May this journal and our lives be a testament of God's love in a hurting world.

Saturday 3 September 2011

Diary : 3 Sep 2011 (MFD Breakthrough!)

This morning as I was preparing my message for the evening's mass food distribution. I asked the Lord, what should I share today ? And the reply was clear and simple. My love for the people.

I teared as I prepared the sermon and my heart heavy.

People started arriving almost 3 hours before the meeting was scheduled to start. The crowd was now so big that our little dining shed could no longer seat everyone. And furthermore the weather was scorching while dark clouds loomed on the horizon.

I decided that indoors will be best and we shifted the crowd into the hall of the STREETKIDS home. We waiting a little while to allow the less physically abled people to come in through our outreach trucks and they arrived we started.

We had benches for chairs and there was just not enough benches to go around, so we had to get the kids to sit on the floor. And almost 130 people turned up for the event. We're just getting too big and the mass food distribution is slowly looking really like a church for the unloved.

I started to share from Luke 15, the common chapter on the prodigal son. There were no fanciful theatrics, just the word of God. The message was not long, it was probably around 30mins and halfway through the message, eyes were tearing and you could see hearts breaking.

We closed with a clip from the song "So you would come" and as we gave the people a chance to receive Christ. Something different happened. Instead of the normal "stroll to the alter" the people were sober and many of them came up with tears flowing down their cheeks. A total of 14 people gave their lives to Christ today.

One lady was so touched by the Lord that she did not stop crying even after the service. She just sat and ate the food we provided and teared as she ate.

A picture of our free medical clinic with Dr Boon helping us to care for the unreached.

No comments:

Post a Comment